Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Having Fun with Slings

At the end of Term Two Room 7 had a guest speaker Mrs Sutton who is a nurse.  She talked to us about her life in the field of medicine.  Early this term she sent us in some slings, we had a lot of fun pretending we had broken arms and wearing slings even though our arms weren’t broken.  This showed us what it would be like to have a broken arm or hand. Room 7 had to put the sling on the hand that they usually work with and use their other hand to write and work.  Here are some pictures we would like to show you.

Written by
Mark A & Camlyn

"I don't think this is quite right?"


"Mmmm really???"


"That pin is very close to my arm you know??


"That's why it's called my funnybone"


"MMmmmm not feeling confident about this"



 


"I'm feeling something is not quite right here!"





































8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time with the slings. I was sad to see you all in pain though...you were very convincing! I like the way that you helped each other..maybe I will see some you in a few years in my class of nurses?

    Keep up the great work Room 7!

    From Ellyse's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard this is room 7!
    Mrs Monaghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge for you Room 7 and looks like a bit of fun along the way...well done - Mrs Sutton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Room 7! It looked like you all had fun putting these slings. It must have beeen hard getting it on. I think this is some practise for being a nurse. Kep up the hard work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my names Jessica from Room5.

    Wow this is really cool, I like how there are jokes they are quite funny. That seems quite cool now that I've seen those photos of you with the casts. Now I wish I had a broken arm!

    Was it hard putting the casts on?
    How do you put the cast on?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. You guys look impressive! It must have been hard to do everything with your bad arm! I have never broken any bones but with all of those pictures I can imagine how it would feel.
    How did you cope with doing everything with your bad arm?
    How did you feel wearing a sling at school?
    Have any of you guys in Room 7 ever worn a real sling before?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natasha.R Room 515 October 2012 at 16:37

    Hello Room 7 this is Natasha.R from Room 5:

    That looked like you actualy had a injured arm. I wish I was there. That looked liked you were having a fantastic time. I loved the expression on your faces.

    How long did it take to put everyones on?

    Did anyone get hurt througout the day? If so what happened?

    Was it hard to do everything with the opposite hand?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these look realistic, I like the way you made these. It looked like everyone actually injured their arm. It also looks quite interesting. Was it hard to make them? It looks easy to make.
    I'm very interested in this, if only I was in your room.

    Was it hard to use your other hand?
    Was it hard to put on?
    Did any of you try get out of fitness or PE?
    How long did it take you to make these?

    ReplyDelete